Monday, October 20, 2014

Being a mom is hard. Now, stop bitching about it!

You know what I get sick of reading? Those "woe is me I'm a mom.. It's a thankless job" blogs where moms complain about how hard their job is and how only other moms can relate... The ones where they complain then give themselves pats on the back because they are woman/mother/awesome enough they wouldnt have it any other way...

I'm not talking about the hilarious "sometimes I loose my shit bc I'm a mom and its a thankless job" honest and relatable blogs (those, I love).. This rant is solely targeted at the blogs and posts written by women who complain about how hard their job is and how they don't have time to wash their face in the morning and how nobody says thank you for driving them to school or getting stains out of their shirts...

I've worked a full time job while having one child at home and I've been far more grateful for my maternity leaves and being blessed with being at home fulltime with my babies. Yes it's so exhausting sometimes and some days I want to (or... actually do) have total hissy fit breakdowns... but there were days at my real job when I wanted to have total hissy fit frustration induced breakdowns too... (And couldn't... Because that girl is fucking crazy)...

My point is, every job can be emotionally taxing and although my day job wasn't as emotionally taxing, it wasn't as emotionally rewarding either. It's all relative.... I think. No pain no gain. Yeah, my kid may not always say "thank you mommy"... But my engineers and coordinators didn't hug me either.

No comments:

Post a Comment